Here's my tips for how to wear your casual wardrobe staples in the evening, too. 


I've never been one for overdressing, and I'm a firm believer that flats can be nighttime appropriate. So it should come as no surprise that I look at my basic T-shirts, singlets and dresses as more than comfortable lounging attire; they're perfectly wearable in the PM too, depending on what they're paired with. 



Wearing Skin & Threads tank, Givenchy skirt, Rachael Ruddick Clutch and Windsor Smith heels

A simple grey tank becomes instantly appropriate for dinner with friends or Friday night drinks when worn with a classic black velvet pencil skirt and strappy black heels. 

You may have seen this top in my list of 21 guilt-free gifts to buy yourself this Christmas because I just love the shape and the print down the back. 

Throw a studded clutch and statement neckpiece into the mix and you're good to go. 


Wearing Skin & Threads dress, Lack of Color hat, Karen Walker sunglasses, Mode Collective clutch and Windsor Smith sandals.

Accessorise your favourite beach dress with an oversized hat and minimal sandals for easy daytime chic. Perfect for a quick coffee run or a day by the beach, you can never have enough simple, staple shift dresses. 


Wearing Skin & Threads dress, Jamie Ashkar blazer, Givenchy bag and Windsor Smith heels


Want to give your basics more mileage? The rise of sports luxe means casual clothes can be worn for almost any occasion when paired with something structured and a great pair of heels. Top it all off with a classic red lip and voilà! 



More from me:


 
Top