Read this before you go for the chop.



So, about three months ago I chopped my hair off. It was kind of an irrational decision (like most of mine). 

I've always had long hair, and I've never known what to do with it (it ended up in a topknot most days). 

It's also naturally dark, and I was always restless... wanting to branch out, but not quite sure how to go about it. 

Then I started going to Oscar Oscar in Paddington and things changed. Why? I'm indecisive. I like it when someone pushes me to try new things – which is exactly what they did. 



That's how my short hair came about. I was in for my normal cut and colour, and I asked my colourist Michael if he could do anything with my hair, what would it be? 

He pretty much said, "chop it all off".

Less than a week later I was back in the salon ready to do exactly that, and I'm so happy I did. 



First things first, let me point out some myths about short hair. 

It's not easier to maintain, and you probably won't wake up with amazingly textured bed hair every morning. You need products – salt spray, texture powder and dry shampoo




But the pro's definitely outweigh the cons. It's cooler. It feels fresh. It means you use way less shampoo & conditioner. It frames your face. It makes your features pop and it looks damn good with a structured blazer.

If you've been thinking about it for a while, I say, just do it. 

Hair grows back, so you really don't have anything to lose (and I'm quietly confident you won't regret it anyway!).




Wearing Cameo top (coming soon), Lover skirt, Givenchy sandals, Celine sunglasses (very similar here, or peach version here), and Pink Lou Lou ring.




 
Top