You know those people who can switch from blonde to brown hair (and back again) and always look amazing regardless?

Well, I'm not one of them.

I mean, I can't say I've ever actually tried going blonde but whenever I go near a hairdresser there's always a sensible little voice in my head telling me to stick with what I was born with. 

Being a brunette can get boring though, and lately I've been getting a little restless.

Last week, I was invited into Oscar Oscar's salon in Paddington for some long-overdue hair TLC. I absolutely love the result so I just had to share it with you!


I love a nice blunt cut, but my hair was looking limp, lifeless, and too heavy at the bottom. 

Miracle-maker and session stylist Paloma Rose Garcia gave me the best haircut I think I've ever had. As you can see in the photo above, the fringe sits perfectly and the subtle layers give it lots of va-va-volume!


Balayage is one of those hair 'buzz words' I was getting sick of hearing about until I had it done properly. 

My colourist Kyle taught me a few things about getting the perfect balayage so I thought I'd share them with you!

1. If you want a natural result, balayage is best done when hand painted. I've had my hair balayaged using the teasing/backcombing method before and let me tell you - it was PAINFUL... and it left my hair feeling dry, frizzy and not so beach chic.

2. Your balayage should be designed to highlight and complement your features. I loved the way Kyle spoke about how he gives each girl their own unique design to suit their face shape. Make your hair work for you, rather than the other way around!

3. We all love 'ashy' tones, but a bit of warmth can be more flattering during winter. The sky is grey, the golden summer sun disappears (and so does your tan) and you tend to wear a lot of black. The colours he used on my hair have made me instantly look healthier because they're not so dull.

4. Cut, then colour. Your balayage should show off your layers!



Find them on Facebook and Twitter or visit the website.


 
Top