The response I received to part one of this series overwhelmed me. Thank you for all of your amazing comments - I love it when my posts encourage people to give thoughtful feedback that actually shows they've read what I had to say.


This week I'm focussing on anything and everything to do with sequins and sparkles. Like I said here, too many girls seem to think if they're going all out by wearing a fully sequined number that they should apply this same enthusiasm to their face. Wrong.


In my little imaginary book of makeup do's and don't's, anything super sparkly should be accompanied by a fresh face with barely-there makeup. This keeps the focus on the sparkles and minimises the disco trash bag status. 




To create this look I started with my favourite base - Clinique even better foundation. I concealed under my eyes and around my nose with Ellis Faas concealer and then added colour to my cheeks with the Nars multipurpose cream colour stick. To create glowing skin, I pressed M.A.C cream colour base onto my cheekbones and the inner corners of my eyes.

To define the eyes, I began by getting my brows in shape with my Ecotools brow comb. I used Clinique instant lift for brows to fill in the gaps and add a reflective line on my brow bone (it has two ends!). I then applied M.A.C false lashes extreme black mascara and completed the look with my absolute favourite product right now - Clinique almost lipstick in Black Honey. This is the perfect shade to make lips look plump without looking like you're wearing anything. 


What's your stance? Do sequins call for smoky eyes? A red lip? Talk to me people! x




Wearing Manning Cartell dress and Alexander Wang boots.

 
Top