Start packing away the cable knits and cue the hunt for the ultimate bikini. 

Here's a list of my wardrobe essentials for summer:


Let's call it a preliminary list, because it's by no means conclusive and I have a bad habit of being impulsive (ask my mother). 

ONE
I've said it once and I'll say it again – adding some sheer black pieces to your wardrobe is a must for any serial black-on-black outfit offender (like me). 

TWO 
A denim jacket. It aint a summer wardrobe without one – just ask anyone who lived in the 80s. 

THREE
Boots. I don't care if it's not practical. I wear them all year round. These are the newest addition to my wardrobe (available here)



FOUR
A black bikini. I just got this one which I plan to work double-time as a cropped top. 

FIVE
The perfect white shirt. I'm in love with this 3.1 Phillip Lim one, but this one by Jason Wu is a steal from The Outnet!

SIX
A white-on-white combo is essential, so a pair of white shorts (I need these from Topshop) is a must this summer too. 

SEVEN
A pair of minimal black sandals (these are at the top of my wish list, oh my), or Birkenstocks

What's on your checklist? x



 
Top