One of fashion's golden rules has been abolished, and I'm here to tell you all about it...


If (like me) you're obsessed with Karl Lagerfeld and his ingenious (often outrageous) quotes, you've probably heard one of my personal favourites: 

"Sweatpants are a sign of defeat. You lost control of your life so you bought some sweatpants."

Undoubtedly, he's referring those incidents when celebrities hit rock bottom and the tabloids decide to kick 'em while they're down by posting photos of them with bad regrowth, sans make-up and sporting a pair of track pants. 

But the recent wave of all things 'sporte luxe' has initiated a major turning point - track pants, track shorts and all forms of terry towelling are now socially acceptable on the street. 


No, I'm not wearing track pants in this post - I haven't worked up the courage to go that far yet. But the point is it's time to wear your comfort clothes beyond closed doors. 

I suggest mixing it back with something a little more dressy like a silk shirt, so your look is more sporty chic, less Britney Spears post Kevin Federline. 




 
Top