... and now I don't know what I did without it.

Full disclosure: for the past few years, I’ve been settling for tinted moisturiser. Not because I don’t like foundation, but because I haven’t been able to find one that actually stays on my skin, and looks the same at the end of the day as when I first applied it.


Most long wear foundations set like clay, and completely obliterate my natural skin tone and texture so I end up looking like I’m wearing a mask (i.e. not desirable). So I’ve been waiting for the right foundation to come along.


It needs to completely even-out any redness or dark patches, but still have a sheerness about it so my natural skin shows through. I don’t like my foundations to dry completely matte, either. I like a little bit of glow, but definitely nothing shiny. And it needs to go the distance because I don’t believe in reapplying throughout the day. It has to last - from my morning coffee run, through a long day at the office and then on into the evening if I’ve made plans after work.

I’d come close to finding ‘the one’, but most of them completely disappeared after an hour or two. I’d gone through just about every ‘cult’ foundation, but nothing ticked every single box… and then I found it.


Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Make Up is everything. It’s my daily go-to. All I need is a few small dots (one on each cheek, the chin and the forehead) and it smoothes-out my entire complexion. You can build it up for the PM, but I keep it light so it doesn’t even feel like I have anything on my skin.


And when I get home from work? Sure, it’s worn-in a bit throughout the day but my skin still looks even. Seriously, if you need your skin to look good all day, this is the best $50 you’ll ever spend. It stays-put for up to 15 hours, plus it’s oil-free, so it doesn’t go greasy on your skin later in the day. 

Amen.


Shot in collaboration with Vogue AustraliaEstée Lauder.


 
Top