... using things you already have in your wardrobe.



1. STRIPES

When all else fails, wear stripes (or black, but you already knew that). 

I like to think of stripes as a print for people who don't wear prints. They're kind of neutral. Wear them with denim, or use them to break-up an all-black outfit. 

I usually go for a button-up shirt or tee (love this Alexander Wang one), but if you can find a shirt dress this good I'm all for mixing it up. 

MY EDIT:





2. BLACK BLAZER, BLACK JEANS

Fail-safe. Always works. 

I usually go for all-black on top and then add flats to keep it low-key, but opting for a white tee will freshen things up for a Saturday or Sunday morning (and it's much kinder on your complexion if you're fighting a hangover!). 

My all-time favourite black jeans are Nobody's Geo Skinny. All black (including the button, super sleek and they suck-in all the right places).

This outfit works with all different flats. See my 5 favourite pairs here.

MY EDIT:



3. WHITE SHIFT DRESS

Perfect for Sunday brunch. Actually, just perfect for weekends in general. 

The colour 'white' reads weekend to me (just don't spill your cappuccino) and shift dresses = the comfiest ever. 

I paired mine with black accessories in this post about summer wardrobe essentials to toughen it up a bit.

MY EDIT:




4. BOYFRIEND SHIRT + DENIM

Stole this one from my 2015 New Year's Resolutions post

I love the combination of a tonal blue boyfriend shirt and denim. It still has the same fresh appeal as white, but it's a little less obvious. 

MY EDIT:




5. SNEAKERS

Seriously, all day, every day. 

I wear my all-white Adidas Superstars, these Stan Smiths or my Spring Courts with everything at the moment. Case in point: my daily outfit snaps on Instagram

Full disclosure: my collection is getting a little out of hand, but you know what they say, when you find something that works, stick to it.

MY EDIT:











 
Top