#greyalltheway

Grey quickly went from being one of my least-worn colours to my most-worn colour. I used to think it washed me out and made my overall complexion look dull (FYI, not so great on those days when you wake up feeling a bit... flat).

I’ve always gone for black or white instead. But grey as a colour is actually the best - if you know how to wear it properly.

Here’s 4 good reasons to add more grey to your wardrobe:


1. THERE’S A GREY FOR EVERYONE.

First things first, you need to find the right grey for your skin tone. I find lighter greys pop a bit more and lift my complexion, rather than making it look washed-out. This doesn’t mean I don’t wear darker greys - I just keep those shades away from my face, or layer it under something lighter.


2. TEXTURE TEXTURE TEXTURE.

Textures show-up in grey so much more than black. I’m obsessed with chunky grey knitwear with ribbed or cable knit details. The bigger the detail, the better, I say.

3. GREY BREAKS-UP ALL OF YOUR BLACK.

If you’re reading this blog, chances are, you <3 black just as much as I do. 70% of my wardrobe is black. But grey breaks it up. Better still, mixing different tones of grey (like these pinstripe pants and ribbed sweater) means you can have a day-off black without without feeling like you’ve completely lost it in bright colours.


4. YOU CAN WEAR GREY ON GREY.

Mix tones. Mix textures. Mix prints. The good thing about grey is it actually looks amazing head-to-toe when you use these things to break it up, and it’s less of a commitment than all-white (because, let’s face it, me + all white + red wine = disaster).




Wearing:


Shot in collaboration with Country Road
 
Top