My mission to cull my wardrobe continues. 

Following on from my tips in Part I, here's a few more to help you create the perfect wardrobe. 

As I mentioned in Part I, the aim of the game is to build a wardrobe where everything goes together and you can mix high and low pieces seamlessly.



I wanted more coat options last winter, particularly a white or cream one, but coats can be pricey and white probably isn't the most practical colour. 

If you're going for grey, black or camel – invest. 

But to break things up a bit, I bought this one for non-freezing winter days. I love the oversize shape and length.


Mixed-back with the black camisole I wore in Part 1 (a wardrobe staple) and my favourite new investment piece – my black Saint Laurent clutch.


Jeans are also something you should invest in. You can't put a price on a great fit. 

But because I wanted a pair with ripped knees too, I tried my luck with these which cost less than what I spend on tamari almonds a fortnight and they're the best. 

Besides, there's no such thing as having too many black pants. 


I literally live in monochrome trainers right now. And Birkenstocks. Two pairs of shoes every complete wardrobe needs. 

I love wearing trainers (similar here) with big structured coats, jeans and dresses. It creates a nice balance and, let's be honest, who can be bothered wearing heels alllll day, errrry day?




RECAP:

Invest in: 

Coats (grey, black or camel)
Jeans (black skinnies x 2, a true blue denim skinny pair, white skinnies and white boyfriend jeans)
A simple black clutch
A classic black camisole

Spend less on:

Trend pieces, like a white coat or ripped jeans
Trainers (all the good ones are under $200 anyway)
Birkenstocks (a perfect and very affordable alternative to Céline or Isabel Marant slides)

How do you keep your wardrobe in check? What pieces are you keeping or culling at the moment? x


Recently:

The secret to a perfect wardrobe (part I)

14 amazing pieces you can get at Topshop right now


 
Top