There's an art to it. Really. 

Everyone needs a pair of mules in their life. 

A simple strappy heel (obsessed with these ones I got recently) will always be my go-to shoe, but there's just something about mules that make everything cooler. Just ask Phoebe Philo. 

And if you've already taken my advice and got your hands on a pair of these black pants, you're in luck because they're the perfect counterpart for these deliciously chunky (and comfy) mules

My rules for wearing mules are as below:


WEAR THEM WITH PANTS OR A MIDI SKIRT:

I'm not so sure about mules and mini-skirts, but mules and midi skirts? Yes please. 

It also goes without saying that I'm incredibly fond of a great pant, and mules add the perfect touch of femininity to these super chic ones from The Outnet (which also just happen to be on sale right now, here). 



LESS IS MORE:

I'm not here to tell you how to live your life, but if you want my advice, I'd tell you that mules are at their chicest when you keep the rest of your outfit clean and simple.

This minimal cream and black sweater quickly became well acquainted with my new mules, and now we're all one big happy family. 



CROP IT:

Mules look best when you can see a little bit of your ankle so go for slightly cropped pants like these or these



IF YOUR MULE SLIPS OFF:

... And you fall over, do this face. It will only make you more endearing. For the record, my mules haven't come off once, not even when running up four flights of stairs. 


Recently:




 
Top