I've been dying to get myself into this Dion Lee coat dress since I first laid eyes on it on the runway in New York, and it just so happens that I finally got my way. 

Here we are in his studio, fitting me in the coat dress dreams are made of for his highly anticipated Line II show at MBFWA this morning.

Dion does things differently. 

He effectively evolves from season to season, he's successfully established himself overseas while maintaining a strong presence here in Australia and this morning he will show his Line II collection at MBFWA, as opposed to his mainline collection because, well, it makes sense. 

The choice to show his diffusion line is not a comparative reflection of New York and Sydney, not an act of laziness, but a strategic decision based on the timing and the opposite seasons, and a demonstration of Dion thinking ahead of the pack once again.

But what I love most about Dion (a close tie with his clothing, of course) is his calm and gentle nature, and how humble he remains despite his unparalleled success.  

These photos were taken just one week out from his MBFWA show, and I love them because I think his personality comes through in these pictures. 










This is the look I chose to wear to his show this morning. More photos will be on my Instagram this morning! x








Next
Newer Post
Previous
This is the last post.
 
Top